Expungement Lawyers in Houston
Do you have questions about expungement lawyers in Houston?
Call us today!
The Law Office of Collin Evans has experienced expungement lawyers in Houston who can help with your criminal record.
There are many different types of outcomes or dispositions to a case. The following may be eligible for an expunction:
- Acquittal (Not Guilty verdict at trial)
- Deferred Disposition (Class C misdemeanor)
- Arrested but no charges filed
- Completed Pre-Trial Intervention Program
- Reversed on Appeal
- Governor’s pardon
- Other outcomes make your records ineligible for expunction, including:
- Jail time
- Guilty verdict at trial
- Deferred Adjudication
- Dismissed case because pled or found guilty on another charge from the same arrest
Under Texas law, there are waiting periods for an expunction usually based on the statute of limitations for the charge. However, every county’s District Attorney’s Office has different policies, so, depending on your situation, the waiting period may not apply. Without the advice of attorney who knows about these policies and the applicable law, you could possibly be missing out on an opportunity to put your criminal record behind you.
Before deciding whether you should start the process to clean up your record, talk with a lawyer. The outcome of your case may give you a different option other than an expungement of records. An attorney experienced in handling expunction cases can determine whether you might be eligible and the best approach to clear criminal records from your past.