How Can I Find a Person in Jail?

Begin by clicking on the “New Search” option. Then, enter the individual’s name and/or birthdate, then scroll through the list of names until you find who you are looking for. Click on the individual’s name in order to find the specific jail that they’re located in. It’s also recommended that you make note of the individual’s arrest number as well, as this is their ID number that they use in the jail system itself. Go through the information provided to you in order to find their bond, charge(s), etc. Once an individual has been booked for 24 hours andthey have a Class B Misdemeanor offense or above, the individual will then be transferred to the Harris County Jail. Once that happens, they will no longer appear on this website.

How May I Post a Bond for Someone?

You will first need to find out how much the exact bond amount is by either going to the official jail website, visiting the jail in person, or by calling the Jail Information Line. You can then post a cash bond either at a municipal office or at any bail bond agency. Once this has been done, you will then need to bring the bond papers to the jail and give them to the jailer who is working at the Bonding Window. If you don’t wish to do this yourself, you can ask a bail bondsman to handle this process for you.

How Can a Jail Property Release Be Performed?

This can only be done with the prior consent of the individual who is in jail. Whoever will be receiving the property must bring a valid form of ID and must also be over 21 years of age. Furthermore, all property must be released – no partial property releases are permitted. While this can be done at any time, the recipient may also be expected to wait, especially when the prisoner is at a court appearance at the time.

What Happens When an Arrested Individual is Not Bonded Out?

If someone who has been arrested is not bonded out prior to going to court, they must remain in jail until their next court appearance. If the case ends up getting adjudicated, the court may decide to impose either a fine or additional jail time. However, when they are bonded out, they will simply be told when to appear in court to answer to the charges that have been levied against them. If they fail to appear, then the bond will be forfeited and a warrant will be issued for their arrest.

How Can I Find an Individual Under 17 Years of Age?

No arrested individual under 17 years of age will be at any city or county jail. They will instead be at the Houston Police Department Juvenile Division.

Can Prisoners Make Phone Calls from the Houston Jail?

Yes; however, not directly to your home or cell phone. When they to call your home phone, it will be treated as a collect call and you will be charged the necessary fees by your phone company. Calls made to cell phones will require a prior account being established beforehand.

How May I Visit a Prisoner?

This is something that can be done at any time except for meal and court times. All you need to have is the prisoner’s arrest number, name, birthdate, and jail location. You will also be required to provide a valid form of ID, and a jail supervisor will also review all requests from any visitor who is under 17 years of age.

Visits from the following individuals are permitted:

  • Immediate family members, including common-law-spouses
  • Attorneys representing the prisoner
  • Business associates
  • Friends who are attempting to post a bond
  • Doctors
  • Clergymen
  • Police/government officials

What Happens When a Prisoner is Charged with a DWI or PI?

DWI is a higher offense than Class C Misdemeanors. When these prisoners fail to bond out of a city jail, they will be transferred to the Harris County Jail. PI (public intoxication) is a Class C Misdemeanor will remain in the city jail until they either bond out or until their case is adjudicated, which normally takes 24 hours.

How Can I Located a Towed Vehicle?

Call the Wrecker Tow Line or log on to the official Houston Police website and click on the “Find My Towed Car” option. This will allow you to search for your car via your VIN or license plate number.

What Are the Various Vehicle Release Procedures?

If a vehicle has been towed and the driver was arrested for an offense that was higher than a Class C Misdemeanor, their vehicle will likely be held for evidence purposes. If a Class C Misdemeanor was involved, however, calling the Wrecker Tow Line will be able to tell you exactly where the vehicle was taken, as well as how you can contact the storage lot for more information regarding how you can pick it up.